Search this site
Junior College Football
No. 10 Louisville Rolls Past DePaul
Posted Feb 28, 2013
The 10th ranked Louisville Cardinals squad won their fourth straight with a 79-58 victory over the Blue Demons at Allstate Arena on Wednesday night.
(23-5, 11-4) had the benefit of having five players score in double-figures, while
(11-17, 2-13) had to rely on a two man scoring punch from the duo of
Young led all scorers with 22 points on seven of 19 from the floor. Melvin added 20 points of his own. Yet DePaul got very little offensive contributions from the rest of their cast.
The Blue Demons went a miserable one of nine from beyond the arc. Sophomore
was 0 for five and
was two for seven from the floor.
“I was more disappointed in our shot selection,” said DePaul coach Oliver Purnell. “Those just weren’t on balance shots. Those were difficult to make.”
The Blue Demons were inpatient on offense and rushed many shots.
“You can’t take bad shots and expect to shoot at a high percentage,” Purnell said.
The Cardinals were led by 17 points from
who reached the 1,000 point mark tonight.
scored 16 points, while Chane Benahan and
added 10 apiece.
came off the bench to contribute 11 points for U of L.
The Blue Demons travel to the warmer climes of Tampa, Florida on Sunday to take on the
- Wednesday was the 59th meeting between the two programs... Louisville leads the series, 38-21... the Cardinals have won 10 straight games against the Blue Demons.
- Cleveland Melvin moved from 17th to 15th on DePaul's all-time scoring list... he passed Stanley Brundy (1985-89) for 16th and Tyrone Corbin (1981-85) for 15th.
- Melvin scored at least 20 points in back-to-back games for the first time since three straight games from Nov. 21-30...he has 10 games this season of at least 20 points and 27 in his career.
- Brandon Young passed Jim Lamkin (1951-55) and moved into 21st place on DePaul's all-time scoring list... he also moved from ninth to seventh on the all-time assists chart.
- Young scored at least 20 points for the eight time this season and 21st time in his career.
- With the loss, DePaul has now dropped 42 straight games against ranked opponents.
DePaul vs. No. 10 Louisville Game Preview
Feb 26, 2013
UConn’s Second Half Spurt Defeats DePaul
Feb 23, 2013
Sweet Home Chicago
Feb 22, 2013
2013 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from WeAreDePaul.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Basketball > DePaul
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft