Search this site
Junior College Football
DePaul Drops Nailbiter in Big East Opener
Posted Jan 3, 2013
DePaul was in a position to win their Big East opener when Jamee Crockett’s three point attempt left his hands with four seconds to play, but that wasn’t in the cards tonight.
Crockett, who scored a season-high 16 points, was disheartened after missing that shot.
“Sometimes the ball rolls your way, sometime it doesn’t, I guess it didn’t roll my way this time,” said Crockett.
“We got the exact shot we wanted,” said
coach Oliver Purnell. “It was going to be either Brandon (Young) or Jamee.”
DePaul (9-5, 0-1) shot 60% from the charity stripe and was outrebounded by a 40-32 margin.
“I thought a couple things hurt us in the second half,” said Purnell. “Not hitting from the free throw line and the inability to clear the defensive board, particularly at the end of the game.”
(12-2, 1-0) had four players finish in double figures.
led all scorers with 24 points.
added 16 points while
and Eugene Teague chipped in with 11 apiece.
DePaul junior point guard
scored 15 points in the losing effort.
added 10 after starting in place of
tonight. McDonald contributed 12 points off the bench and was five of six from the field.
“We needed (McDonald’s) pressure defensively,” Purnell said of the freshman guard. “He’s probably our best guy on the ball with pressuring people.”
The Blue Demons next head out on the road where they will face the
on Saturday night.
• Tonight's game marked the 13th meeting all-time between the two schools. Seton Hall now holds the advantage in the series, 9-3.
• DePaul is 1-7 in BIG EAST season openers since joining the conference.
• DePaul extended its streak of consecutive games with a three-pointer to 593... Durrell McDonald extended the run with a three at the 17:52 mark in the second half... the last time the Blue Demons failed to hit from beyond the arc was Feb. 16, 1993 against
at Allstate Arena.
• Freshman guard Durrell McDonald finished with a career-high 12 points. He also hit a career-high two three-pointers.
• Sophomore forward
finished with a career-high five steals and scored in double figures for the fourth time in his past six games, finishing with a season-high 16 points.
• Junior guard Brandon Young reached double figures for the 13th time in 14 games this season, finishing with 15 points.
DePaul vs. Seton Hall Game Preview
Jan 1, 2013
DePaul vs. Providence Game Preview
Jan 4, 2013
Loyola Ends DePaul’s Streak
Dec 29, 2012
2013 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from WeAreDePaul.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Baseball > Seton Hall
Basketball > DePaul
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft